Simple and delicious spiced Indian eggs cooked with fried vegetables. Perfect for breakfast!
This is a hearty, healthy breakfast which is a bit more exciting then plain old scrambled eggs. Very quick to knock up and one that I’d always make for my dad, so it’s very special to me. I like mine with mushrooms, spring onions, garam masala, and coriander but my husband likes his with tomatoes and chilli, so take your pick. Just have fun and use whatever you have in the fridge to wake up your tastebuds as well as you body and soul. Oh, and I’ve been told this makes an amazing hangover cure too… but I wouldn’t know anything about that…
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 large free range eggs
- 3 spring onions, sliced including green bits
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 or 2 chillis chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add the white of the onions and fry to soften.
- Add the mushrooms (and other veg) and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the garam masala, chilli chopped, salt and stir for a second then add eggs. Stir to scramble.
- Remove from heat and add coriander.